Fortunately, there are many companies out there that provide virtual private servers for a monthly cost, however not all companies accept Bitcoin payments. That’s why we thought it would be of value to find those which do and analyze them to see their pros and cons. Below we show you our Top 3 picks, followed by a guide with some of the most reputable Virtual Private Server providers that, of course, accept Bitcoin as payment:
Top 3 Bitcoin VPS Services
VPS Bitcoin Hosting Details
- BitcoinWebhosting – They provide excellent customer service to ensure that any concerns and issues are resolved within a certain amount of time. Their servers are available for a variety of budgets; the standard is a 512MB RAM and 20GB SSD storage and a single 2.93+GHz core. Their price starts at $39 and varies with the value of a Bitcoin.
- NameCheap.com – One of the most trustworthy hosting companies out there, hands down. Also well-regarded in the Bitcoin community for being one of the first hosting providers to accept Bitcoin as payment, and for actively advocating internet freedom.
This Company provides up to 750 GB of bandwidth with 3 GB RAM and 100 GB of disk space. Not only that, they are reportedly running at 100Mbps. They also provide the standard full root access to the server, multiple OS’s available, flexible VPS performances for different budgets, and completely dedicated VPSs, and 100% uptime for dedicated servers.
- OrangeWebsite.com – One of the first companies to accept VPS Bitcoin payments. Orange Website started operating back in 2009, the same year that Bitcoin was born. If you’re looking for a Green Hosting Service, that respects privacy and that operates in a safe environment like iceland, this is the best Bitcoin VPS hosting service you’ll find.
They offer 7 types of VPS services, with different performances and capabilities. Their price starts at €29.90 per month for their Level 1, which gives you 512 MB of RAM, 2 CPU Cores, 16 GB of disk space and 200 GB of monthly traffic.
- BitronicTech.net – Bitronic Technologies accepts Bitcoin payments to provide VPS services with a variety of different performances (6 different packages). They also provide both Linux and Windows based Bitcoin VPS’s. Their VPS performance range anywhere from 1 to 4 cores, 0.5 to 8 GB of RAM, 512 GB to 5 TB bandwidth, AND 10 GB to 200 GB of Hard Drive space. For these options, their price range is from $7.99 to $69.99.
What is a VPS?
A Virtual Private Server is an extremely useful tool for running software or any other needs on a virtual machine that is run by an internet hosting service. They are typically sold by internet hosting services. A Virtual Private Server provides many benefits where you wouldn’t find in buying hardware to run your own OS. Some of the many benefits include the following.
- Flexibility – Virtual platforms are perfect for testing or trials since you won’t suffer the consequences as you would if you received a virus on a regular computer. If something goes wrong, you simply restart. Not only that, you are given the choice of picking the features you need whether it’s more memory or more bandwidth allocation or perhaps database access.
- Cost – You don’t need to spend hundreds of dollars on a computer to run software because you simply rent them. The cost in the short term is significant and is perfect for short-term to mid-term goals. You won’t need to make significant capital investments if you own a business either.
- Security – These virtual platforms are hosted on servers and are often protected by a firewall, and several other preventative measures have been placed to ensure that the VPS is as safe as it can be.
What is Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is a form of digital currency where encryption is used to generate more currency and to transfer funds. This form of payment is not controlled by a central bank and is often used to make payments between individuals. However, over the past few years and the growing stability of Bitcoin has resulted in the use of Bitcoin as payments for services. VPS Bitcoin payments have recently been adopted by several companies and are quite popular for people looking for anonymous VPS hosting or just people looking to buy VPS with Bitcoin.
How to choose the best VPS Bitcoin for you?
When it comes to choosing a VPS, there are several factors that must be considered to ensure that the chosen VPS meet your needs and expectations. They include the following.
- RAM – The higher the RAM, the better your VPS will perform. It determines how many processes it can handle at the same time.
- Disk Space – The amount of data that can be stored onto the Bitcoin VPS. Since the uses are temporary, it is not necessary to go over 50-70GB.
- Processor – Determines how fast the VPS will be. The average computer has two core processors and can usually handle most situations with that.
- Cost – Depending on the uses, whether its web hosting, running software, etc., choosing the right VPS can help you save on costs.
The price for a Bitcoin Virtual Private Server changes with respect to the value of a bitcoin. Although it has been steady for the past year, it is still possible for sudden changes in Bitcoin prices. Most internet hosting companies take this into account and usually adjust the price accordingly or, more simply, they just set the price in dollars (or local fiat currency) and you can pay the equivalent in bitcoins at the moment of purchase.
There are several companies out there that provide virtual private servers for both individual and business use, and with the growing popularity of Bitcoin, they are now accepting Bitcoin payments. While most companies will provide similar performing VPS’s, the location of the company, the prices, and popularity can play a big factor in choosing the best Bitcoin VPS for you.